Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are just a little bit different from the recipe already posted here so I wanted to post it to compare the two. Prep time includes chill time.
- 3 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 miniature marshmallows
- granulated sugar, for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In large mixer bowl, beat butter, the 1 cup granulated sugar, and brown sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time; add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed until combined. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Shape one level tablespoon of dough around each marshmallow; seal edges. Roll in granulated sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until cookies crack, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes; transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.