Recipe by Momma Mia
Great recipe for chewy chocolate cookie lovers. Melted frozen marshmallow inside! Made these back in the 1970's to rave reviews and still making them for adoring fans.
- 3 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, slightly softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 30 -40 frozen marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Spray pans lightly or use parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl beat eggs, sugars, vanilla and eggs until smooth.
- Gradually add dry ingredients until dough is completely blended. Refrigerate dough for approximately 1 hour or until dough is completely chilled and stiff.
- Remove marshmallows from freezer. Take dough out of frig. Roll a healthy tablespoon of dough into a ball. Press your thumb into the middle of the ball, making a hollow for the marshmallow to wait. Move dough over and around marshmallow, enclosing the frozen marshmallow. Roll each ball in a bowl of sugar to coat entire ball. Place on pans and bake for 8- 10 minutes. Let sit on pan until cooled or cookie falls apart if moved too soon.