Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Great recipe for chewy chocolate cookie lovers. Melted frozen marshmallow inside! Made these back in the 1970's to rave reviews and still making them for adoring fans.
- 3 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, slightly softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 30 -40 frozen marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Spray pans lightly or use parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl beat eggs, sugars, vanilla and eggs until smooth.
- Gradually add dry ingredients until dough is completely blended. Refrigerate dough for approximately 1 hour or until dough is completely chilled and stiff.
- Remove marshmallows from freezer. Take dough out of frig. Roll a healthy tablespoon of dough into a ball. Press your thumb into the middle of the ball, making a hollow for the marshmallow to wait. Move dough over and around marshmallow, enclosing the frozen marshmallow. Roll each ball in a bowl of sugar to coat entire ball. Place on pans and bake for 8- 10 minutes. Let sit on pan until cooled or cookie falls apart if moved too soon.
Melt in my mouth! Loved em'! I am not big on baking baker, but these were very easy and my friends were asking for more! You've got to make them soon!