1/3 Photos of Merry Maker Christmas Sugar Cookies
Amanda Beth's Note:
These are beautiful, and so much fun to make. Everyone is impressed by them, and they are not hard to make. I hope you enjoy them as much as my family and friends do! The sugar cookie recipe is identical to Confectioner's Sugar Cookies #3094 by Linda Johansen, but there is no other way to post the recipe without copying it! Recipe and idea from Betty Crocker's Cookie Book. Thanks! (Cook time and prep time do not include chill time.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix sugar and butter.
- 2Add eggs and flavorings; mix well.
- 3Mix dry ingredients together, and blend in to other mixture.
- 4Divide dough into several parts.
- 5Tint each a different color.
- 6Make as many different colors as you like, but make sure they are really different to get the strongest contrast.
- 7Refrigerate dough for two or three hours.
- 8Take each color of dough and roll into small balls.
- 9Place an assortment of different colors next to each other, making sure no two of the same colors touch.
- 10Roll together, until about 1/8-inch thick.
- 11Cut as many cookies as possible from dough, because if you reroll it, it will smear together.
- 12Or, you can make a few at a time by rolling only a few balls at a time.
- 13Bake cookies at 375°F for 7-8 minutes, or until lightly golden on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 14These cookies freeze well.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Merry Maker Christmas Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (784 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.2
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.5 mg
- Sodium 55.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 0.8 g