Recipe by Blue Peacock
This comes from "Christmas with Southern Living 2000."
Top Review by Ginny Sue
I also saw this in the SL Christmas 2000 book. This was so good, very easy to make and festive-looking. Note about the cherries: The first time I made this I used a 10 ounce jar of cherries that had 35 cherries with stems and 4 without. The second time I made it, the 10 ounce jar (same brand) had only 27 cherries, so I had to run to store and buy more.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 36 maraschino cherries, with stems
- 340.19 g package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 6 (170.09 g) bittersweet chocolate squares, chopped
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 4.92 ml maraschino cherry juice
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. Set aside. Blot cherries dry with paper towels.
- Combine chocolates in a heavy saucepan; place over very low heat, and stir constantly until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat, and stir in sweetened condensed milk and cherry juice. Stir in pecans.
- Smooth mixture into prepared pan. Immediately press cherries into fudge, leaving top of each cherry and stem exposed.
- Cover and chill fudge 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut fudge into 36 squares. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.