Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
a request from a member led me on the search for this recipe from a gooseberry patch cookbook.prep time is a guess!
- 36 maraschino cherries, with stems and juice reserved
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- lightly coat an 8x8 pan with vegetable spray.
- blot cherries dry.
- combine chocolates in a heavy saucepan,place over low heat,and stir till melted and smooth.
- remove from heat and stir in sweetened condensed milk and 1 tsp of reserved cherry juice.
- stir in pecans.
- pour mixture into prepared pan.
- immediatly press cherries into fudge leaving the top and stem of each cherry exposed.
- cover and chill fudge 2 hours.
- cut into 36 squares, store in fridge.
- makes 2 pounds.