Recipe by msjill111
This is a very cool cherry dessert that I make every year at Christmas as one of my desserts. I got it off the Kraft website and it's delicious. If you like cherries, and angel food cake you will love this. The kids all love it!! If you can't find the 8 oz box of gelatin-which I couldn't-I just used the closest amount-same goes for the pudding-wasn't sure of the ounces-I just know it was 2 small boxes. Enjoy
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) packagejello brand cherry gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 4 cups angel food cake, cubes
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 (4 ounce) packages Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Reserves 1/3 cup cherry pie filling for garnish, set aside.
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water and remaining cherry pie filling.
- Refrigerate 45 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Place cake cubes in 3-quart serving bowl.
- Spoon gelatin mixture over cake. Refrigerate 45 minutes until set but not firm (should stick to finger when touched).
- Pour milk into large bowl.
- Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in 2 cups of the Cool Whip.
- Spoon over the gelatin mixture. Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- Top with remaining cool whip and reserved cherry pie filling.