Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This delicious confection is an Eagle Brand recipe and will definitely have you thinking about the holidays. The crumb crust and topping is a crunchy delight; the cheesecake-like filling and cranberry make this a festive addition to your holiday cookbook.
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, 3/4 cup sugar and butter; mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumbs firmly into the bottom of a greased 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, beat cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Spread evenly over prepared crust.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and cornstarch; stir in cranberry sauce.
- Spoon evenly over cheese layer.
- Top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
These were nice reminded me of a raspberry slice but with a cheesecake filling.
I make these every year by request for our NHAS holiday party. They are truly a delicious dessert!