Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are delicious over crisp waffles (try Crispy, Crunchy Waffles) for breakfast or dessert, or over ice-cream, custard, cake or a meringue. As fresh berries become available, include them.
- 1 cup strawberry
- 1 cup of any other berries (such as blueberries,raspberries, blackberries or cherries)
- 1 tablespoon cognac (omit if you like OR substitute with juice) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- Rinse and chop fresh berries, or a combination of fresh and frozen.
- Crush them slightly to release some juice.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Let it sit while you prepare the dessert or waffles of your choice.