Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I haven't tried these yet but they look yummy. Recipe from Merridee's cookbook out of Franklin, TN.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For brownies cream shortening, sugar and egg for one minute.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and blend thoroughly.
- Stir in apples and walnuts.
- Pour into greased and floured pie pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- For butter sauce combine all ingredients except vanilla and bring to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Serve over warm brownies.
The brownies were yummy, but the sauce was a bit too sweet.
These turned out very very good - a good way to use up soft apples. The only problem I had is the butter sauce got curdled with the milk. I ended up straining it and using it anyway. Tastes great!