Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My Mom started making this in the 1960's (or at least that's how far back I remember it!). She used to make it all the time as my Dad loved this as a side dish. In fact, Dad STILL loves this. It is easy and delicious and can be made an hour before it is served. If my onion phobes are eating this, I leave out the onion and use 1/2 teaspoon onion powder instead.
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) dark red kidney beans, drained but not rinsed
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.