1/3 Photos of Merm's Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
Sooz Cooks's Note:
This is a slightly modified version of my beloved Mom's (her grandkids called her Merm) recipe. My family loves this stuff and they insist I make it for breakfast every holiday and sometime for dinner. I serve it by putting the buttered biscuits on a big plate, smothering them with the gravy and then topping them with either scrambled or over-easy eggs, depending on the preference of the person eating them. This is pure comfort food for my family!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- 2In a large frying pan, fry sausage. Break the sausage into small pieces using a potato masher as it is frying.
- 3Melt butter in frying pan and stir well.
- 4Sprinkle browned sausage with flour and stir until well mixed.
- 5Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly until thick and creamy.
- 6Add salt and pepper and stir until mixed.
- 7For each serving: Cut 2 biscuits in half and butter each half. Lay the halves on a dinner sized plate. Spoon sausage gravy over the biscuits. Serve.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Merm's Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (518 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1233.6
- Calories from Fat 799
- Total Fat 88.8 g
- Saturated Fat 38.7 g
- Cholesterol 175.7 mg
- Sodium 2765.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 32.7 g