This is a slightly modified version of my beloved Mom's (her grandkids called her Merm) recipe. My family loves this stuff and they insist I make it for breakfast every holiday and sometime for dinner. I serve it by putting the buttered biscuits on a big plate, smothering them with the gravy and then topping them with either scrambled or over-easy eggs, depending on the preference of the person eating them. This is pure comfort food for my family!
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- In a large frying pan, fry sausage. Break the sausage into small pieces using a potato masher as it is frying.
- Melt butter in frying pan and stir well.
- Sprinkle browned sausage with flour and stir until well mixed.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly until thick and creamy.
- Add salt and pepper and stir until mixed.
- For each serving: Cut 2 biscuits in half and butter each half. Lay the halves on a dinner sized plate. Spoon sausage gravy over the biscuits. Serve.
Great biscuits and gravy dinner. I used the spicy sausage and added lots of pepper. Thanks SoozieQ.
I love biscuits and gravy, and this hit the spot for dinner on a cool Autumn night. Made for PAC Fall 2007. Thanks SoozieQ!