1/16 Photos of Mermaid's Tender Roast Chicken
2 hrs 10 mins
This is one of my newly adopted recipes. This is Mermaid's original description: The most tender, juicy chicken anywhere. My mom has made this for years. Great with baked potatoes and veggie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Place 1 tablespoon oil on the bottom of glass pan.
- 3Thoroughly clean chicken, removing all excess from cavity.
- 4Put 1 tablespoon oil on a paper towel and lightly rub the chicken down with oil Salt and pepper the skin.
- 5Insert 1 tablespoon butter, garlic and some chopped onion into cavity.
- 6Place the chicken on it's back and insert one tablespoon of butter between the skin and the breast, for each breast.
- 7(You have to kind of pull the skin a little to get the butter underneath it. This is what causes the chicken to be so tender and juicy.) Cook for approx 2 hours, basting every 30 minutes if possible.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mermaid's Tender Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.5
- Calories from Fat 557
- Total Fat 61.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 236.7 mg
- Sodium 276.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 50.7 g