Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is quick and easy. Kids (and hubbies) tend to love it. It uses imitation crab flakes. You could use real crab, but personally, I wouldn't waste real crabmeat on a boxed Velveeta shells and cheese mix.
- 1 (12 ounce) Velveeta shells and cheese dinner, mix with the cheese pouch, not the powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces imitation crabmeat, cut up
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup crushed buttery cracker, measure after crushing
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease a 2-qt casserole dish; set aside.
- Prepare the Velveeta mix according to the package, adding the cheese sauce.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt the 1 tbsp of butter. Saute the onions, garlic and red pepper until soft.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the rf sour cream, milk, and paprika.
- Stir in the prepared Velveeta shells and cheese, shredded cheese and cut up imitation crabmeat. Mix together well.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Mix together the melted 2 tbsp of butter and crushed crackers. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes.