1/3 Photos of Merluzzo Stufato (Stewed Cod)
Chef Kate's Note:
A Mary Ann Esposito recipe, this is very easy, quick and delicious. Healthy too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion and celery and cook until soft.
- 3Stir in the tomatoes, capers, bay leaf, and parsley and simmer, covered, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4Add the cod, cover, and cook over low heat for about 8 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 5Add salt to taste and serve.
- 6Variation: The fish can also be served as a sauce over spaghetti.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Merluzzo Stufato (Stewed Cod)
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 208.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 41.7 g