1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I found this recipe on the back of a can of Fred Meyer (aka Kroeger) beef broth. I added a can of cut green beans as we like them. But, I have submitted the original recipe. You can add whatever else you like and it still turns out great. I even made it with some leftover pot roast one time. Very versatile. I also used the reduced sodium chicken and beef broths. This can be a healthier meal if you use the low sodium broth and margarine instead of butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine winel, chicken and beef broths in a large pot and boil uncovered over high heat until mixture is reduced to 2 cups. Procedure will take about 1 hour. May prepare a day ahead. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2Mix butter and flour in small bowl.
- 3Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- 4Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- 5Cook steaks until medium brown throughout, 5-6 minutes per side.
- 6Remove from pan to serving platter.
- 7Add green onion, garlic and thyme to skillet and stir to blend.
- 8Add 1 1/2 cups of the reduced wine mixture to skillet.
- 9Cook over high heat scrapping up brown bits.
- 10Add butter/flour mixture and boil sauce until thickened. Consistency should coat spoon.
- 11Serve steaks with sauce, about 1/4 cup sauce per steak.
- 12Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Merlot Sauce With Beef
Serving Size: 1 (558 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.0
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 155.0 mg
- Sodium 887.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 38.1 g