Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love risotto, mainly because it is so easy to prepare and there are so many options with combining ingredients.
- onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g risotto rice
- 400 ml merlot
- 500 -600 ml chicken broth
- 50 g gorgonzola
- 3 tablespoons cream
- arugula, to taste
- Steam onion and rice in olive oil until the rice grains get glassy.
- Add merlot and let it boil down completely.
- Cook risotto rice"al dente" by adding chicken broth.
- Add gorgonzola, cream and chopped arugula, reboil and serve immediately.
Absolutely one of the better risottos I have ever had! All the wonderful flavors blend so well together. I used 1 medium onion.