Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Elegant dessert that really sets itself apart. Prep time is mostly for the compote to steep.
Make and share this Merlot-Poached Figs With Vanilla Frozen Yogurt recipe from Food.com.
- Whisk the merlot, honey, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan until combined.
- Add the figs, cherries, and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a simmer, partially cover, and cook until the fruit plumps, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cover, and set aside to steep, at least 10 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Divide the frozen yogurt among 4 bowls (1/2 cup each) and top with warm or room temperature compote.