Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've been searching for this recipe for years and finally found one close enough to modify. The modifications make it way different than the one I found on All Recipes. Great on a nice, fat steak.
- Sautee mushrooms, onions, peppercorns in butter, adding garlic for last couple minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients,.
- Simmer to reduce by half at medium/low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Keep warm at low heat until service, stir it when you walk by.
- Serve over steak. Sauce will be a rich brown color and peppercorns should be al dente.