Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
I have a dear friend from Illinois that made this pasta salad for me and my family when she was here visiting me in Montreal. Its makes a ton of salad but its ever so yummy!
- 2 (16 ounce) boxestri-colored rotini pasta
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (2 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced pepperoni (your fave)
- 2 (1 liter) bottles western salad dressing
- 1 (16 ounce) bagshredded mexican cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta and set aside.
- Brown Ground beef and add taco mix as directed on package.
- Add half the onions and peppers and saute till lightly softened.
- Transfer to a large bowl then add the remaining ingredients.
- Use 1 1/2 bottles of dressing and add more if you like it juicier.
- Serve warm or chilled the next day.
- I noticed I enjoyed it even more the second day once the flavours had a chance to mingle.
- I have never seen Western salad dressing here in Canada -- Merlie brought it from the states.
- This makes a huge amount -- good for big family get-togethers or PotLucks.
- If I made it again I would half all the ingredients.