1/1 Photo of Merle's Muffins
A recipe by Nancy V. Clark from the "From the Governor's Pantry" cookbook, Lind House Association in New Ulm, Minnesota, July 1988. The book is dedicated to the many volunteers who had donated their time, talents and money to restore the John Lind home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine bran and milk and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon; make well in the center.
- 3Combine egg, oil, apple and raisins, bran and milk.
- 4Add all at once to dry ingredients.
- 5Stir quickly just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 6Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full.
- 7Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Merle's Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.7
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 186.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g