A recipe by Nancy V. Clark from the "From the Governor's Pantry" cookbook, Lind House Association in New Ulm, Minnesota, July 1988. The book is dedicated to the many volunteers who had donated their time, talents and money to restore the John Lind home.
- Combine bran and milk and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon; make well in the center.
- Combine egg, oil, apple and raisins, bran and milk.
- Add all at once to dry ingredients.
- Stir quickly just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.