Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This one came from a co-worker many years ago. It is a tradional holiday casserole for my family. Time does not include cooking sweet potatoes to use in casserole.
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Beat together sweet potatoes, mashed, with remaining ingredients except for topping. Spoon into a 2-1/2 quart baking dish. Spread topping over potatoe mixture. Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Mix all ingredients together into a crumbly texture. Use as directed above.
I can't believe I have not yet rated this! I make it every year for thanksgiving and Christmas ever since the first time I tried it. Every time I have brought it somewhere during the holidays I am asked to bring it again, or for the recipe. I usually use milk instead of cream and only have the sugar and butter called for in the sweet potato part and it still turns out fantastic. oh, and for me the crunchy pecan topping is what makes it!
we love this casserole! i don't make the topping for it to save some calories, but it is delicious on its own! thanks for sharing!
Easy to make, tastes great, after serving recently at a family function, my sister in-law requested that we bring this dish for Thanksgiving. Enjoy!