Prep 4 hrs
Cook 15 mins
A quick and simple recipe. I've not tried, but I think I will for a light desert!
meringues with lemon cream
- 12 nested meringues
- 12 peaked meringues
- 450 ml low-fat yogurt
- 150 g caster sugar
- 60 ml cornflour
- 125 ml lemon juice
- 125 ml water
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 lemons, rind of, grated
- 125 ml whipping cream, whipped
- 280 g strawberries, and or 280 g raspberries
- In a cheesecloth-lined sieve set over bowl, drain yoghurt in refrigerator for 4 hours or until yoghurt is 225 ml. Discard liquid.
- In non-aluminium saucepan, mix sugar and corn flour. Add lemon juice and water; bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Whisk a little hot mixture into yolks; gradually stir back into saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring for 2 minutes; stir in lemon rind.
- Let cool to room temperature (if in a hurry, stir over a bowl of ice). Stir in drained yoghurt. Gently fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into meringues; top each with second meringues. Garnish with fruit.