Prep 28 mins
Cook 1 hr
when cooled put a dob of cream on top and a sliced strawberry.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons boiling water
- Place all ingrediants in basin, beat until mixture is of thick, satiny meringue consistency (10-15 minutes).
- Spoon mixture into piping bag.
- Using large star tube, pipe merigues on to lightly greased baking trays.
- Bake in moderate oven 10 minutes, then reduce heat to slow, bake a further 50 minutes.
- allow to cool in oven.