Recipe by tinaki99
I got this recipe from Family Circle's 'Baby and Toddler Food Cookbook'. It has only 2 ingredients, but I added a pinch of salt when beating the egg whites. Very easy to make. The following day I improvised using the meringues to make a small Pavlova (I'll post my Mini Pavlova recipe soon) - very quick to make if you're short of time. When I make these meringues again, I'll allow them to cool in the closed oven to see what the difference would be (as suggested in other RecipeZaar meringues recipes). Preparation time is only 10min.
Top Review by Cassandra5686
Certainly a good, quick reciepe, i found it's best to put the tray on bottom shelf of oven and only put them on for an hour. They have a nice sweet taste, good to expeiment with putting cocoa etc in mix.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 150oC.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat the 3 egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually blend in 1/2 cup caster sugar until thick and glossy.
- Fold in 1/3 cup caster sugar and spoon or pipe small mounds onto the tray.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until dry.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.