Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
So light, easy and yummy!!! Good for calorie counters too. No need to add sauce because the strawberries will make their own sauce when added to the whipped cream.
- 5 meringues
- 5 tablespoons whipped cream powder
- 300 g fresh strawberries or 300 g frozen strawberries, if fresh not in season
- Whip the whipping cream powder with 1 glass of water (I use water instead of milk to make it lighter, but you could use milk for a richer cream).
- Cut the strawberries in halves.
- Add strawberries to whipped cream and mix well.
- Serve the cream on top of each meringue only when about to be served so that meringue stays crispy. You could garnish with a strawberry on top.
These were fabulous! So quick and easy to make, and absolutely tasty! It's the kind of desert that you COULD have spent hours on, but didn't! I used mixed berries, as that's what I had, and sprinkled some icing sugar, just to make it look pretty. I love this, and will definitely be making it for guests and for ourselves again and again in the summer, cause it's a perfect summer desert! (Reviewed for Spring PAC 2007)