Strawberry shortcake just became simple with this recipe. It's from a Bisquick pamphlet, and is so good. I hope you will try it. You could sub peaches for the strawberries, or even another type of berry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice strawberries; sprinkle with 1/2 cup sugar and let stand 1 hour.
- 2Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3Mix baking mix, 3 tablespoons sugar, the margarine and milk until soft dough forms.
- 4Gently smooth into ball on cloth-covered board dusted with baking mix.
- 5Knead 8-10 times.
- 6Pat in ungreased round pan, 9X 1&1/2 inches.
- 7Beat egg whites until foamy. Beat in powdered sugar and 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 tablespoons at a time; continue beating until stiff and glossy.
- 8Spread meringue on dough; sprinkle with 1 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- 9Bake until delicate brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 10Cool 10 minutes.
- 11Run knife around edge to loosen; turn onto cloth-covered board.
- 12Invert on wire rack; cool completely.
- 13Serve with strawberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meringue-Topped Strawberry Shortcake
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.4
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 518.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 36.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g