Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was recently web searching for a recipe and came across this one which I plan on making for the upcoming holiday.
- Beat all ingredients together well. Then beat in slowly 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup at a time.
- Beat until mixture forms very stiff peaks.
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Divide meringue into 8 circles on waxed paper. Slightly hollow out centers and make a stand-up ridge around outside of meringue shells.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Let cool on pan.
- To serve, fill shells with vanilla ice cream and top with sweetened sliced strawberries.
These were very easy to make, and they turned out beautifully! I used them in Recipe #348452. Since my son doesn't care for strawberries, I put chocolate pudding on his and garnished it with chocolate syrup and hearts. BTW, this recipe really does make 8 shells. It was my first time making them so I thought the 8 looked too small and I made 6. I didn't realize they puffed up as much as they do when baked. (Oops!) They tasted WONDERFUL! Thanks for posting, dojemi!
I used this recipe as toppers to some lemon curd tarts rather than make them as shells. I used an ice cream scoop to distribute them on the parchment paper and they browned up nice and sweet. Thanks.