Prep 15 mins
Cook 43 mins
From The Recipe Hall of Fame Cookbook II.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (10 ounce) jar raspberry preserves
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Cream margarine and 1/4 c sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks.
- Stir in flour and milk.
- Spread evenly in ungreased 9x13x2" baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Place on rack while preparing meringue.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl until foamy.
- Add 3/4 c sugar gradually until meringue forms stiff peaks.
- Stir in coconut.
- Spread preserves on baked layer.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Dot meringue on raspberry-nut layer.
- Spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Cut into bars.