Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My kids and their friends just love these. Adults love them too. Get gobbled up fast.
- 2 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Beat 2 egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar, cream of tartar, and salt; beat until stiff.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes.
I made these with a group of middle-schoolers. I cooked one batch as stated here and another batch at lower temperature for longer. The first group were cracked but yummy. The second group tasted the same but had no cracks. Personally, I would do the longer method if I had time but would know I could do the shorter in a pinch. Really yummy recipe!
How can I say this? They're out of this world!My first batch was a total flop. I've no idea what happened. The second one turned out perfect. I'll definetly double the recipe. So easy and good. No wonder the English have them for tea. Myrna
These are delightfully easy.. and disappear almost immediately! I have made them for family, friends and co-workers: everyone loves them. I sprinkle them with colored holiday sugar before cooking for an extra little sparkle. Mickey