1 hr 15 mins
An easy (i call them air cookies) meringue, with different flavors Kids love them. Points 1.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large mixing bowl at high speed, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until.
- 2foamy. Add sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating constantly until whites are glossy and stand in stiff peaks.
- 3Rub just a bit of meringue between thumb and.
- 4forefinger to feel if sugar has dissolved.
- 5Gently fold in almonds.
- 6Drop by tablespoonsful or pipe through pastry tube or food-storage bag onto lightly greased or lined (foil or waxed, brown, or parchment paper) baking sheets.
- 7Bake in preheated 225 degree oven until firm, about 1 hour.
- 8Turn off oven.
- 9Let stand in oven with door closed until cool, dry, and crisp, at least 1 additional hour.
- 10Store in tightly sealed container with waxed paper between layers.
- 11(If stored cookies lose crispness, bake in preheated 200ºF oven about 15 to 20 minutes.).
- 13Use amounts listed for 1 batch of cookies.
- 14To make 2 variations at a time, divide meringue mixture equally between 2 bowls.
- 15Beat or fold 1/2 the ingredient amounts listed for 1 variation into 1 of the bowls.
- 16For all variations, omit ground almonds.
- 17Brandy Alexander; Beat in 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa, 2 teaspoons vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon brandy extract.
- 18Chocolate; Beat in 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- 19Citrus; Beat in 2 tablespoons grated orange peel, 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract, and a few drops yellow food coloring.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meringue Kisses With Variations
Serving Size: 1 (524 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.4
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g