Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is easy to make and low in fat and calories...it's pretty healthy! The first time I beat the egg whites too much, and it came out like unfolded fortune cookies. The second time, it wasn't so bad, but still not like kisses. Just try not to overbeat, and you'll be fine! (Both times, it still tasted great)
- Sift flour with two tablespoons of sugar and set aside.
- Combine the egg whites, salt, and cream of tartar and beat until stiff.
- Slowly beat in the remaining two tablespoons of sugar, and gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Fold in the vanilla extract, being careful not to deflate the meringue.
- Line cookie sheets with aluminum foil.
- Drop the meringue using a teaspoon onto the sheets one half inch apart.
- Bake in a oven preheated at 275 degrees for forty-five minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Remove to racks.
- Cool, then carefully peel the cookies from the foil.