Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Serve these with Lemon Curd (See the recipe I posted)
Make and share this Meringue Kisses recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Butter and flour a large baking sheet, knocking off excess flour.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer beat whites until they hold soft peaks.
- Gradually add sugar, beating, and beat until meringue holds stiff, glossy peaks.
- Drop heaping teaspoons (not measuring spoons) of meringue about 1 inch apart onto baking sheet and bake in middle of oven 45 minutes.
- Turn oven off and leave meringues in oven 1 hour more.
- With a metal spatula transfer meringues to a rack to cool completely.
- Meringue kisses may be kept in an airtight container at room temperature 5 days.
- Makes about 24 meringue kisses.
Made really nice, light kisses. I left them in the oven over night and they were almost perfect in the morning. There was some crystallised sugar on some of them??
Wonderful little treats! I just got a kitchenaid standing mixer for my wedding and had to try it out!! LOVE IT and this was a perfect recipe! Mine didn't get cripy but I used 1/4 sugar and 1/4 splenda...still delish! Thanks!
What a great easy recipe. I added a little flavor to them as well. In the first batch I used a teaspoon of vanilla then some yellow food coloring to help it get back to a more "white" color and it turned out really well. The second time I used a tsp of almond extract. What lovely treats! But dangerous for I wanted to eat the entire pan! LOL. Great recipe and a new fave in my house.