Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Some people find it hard to make a good meringue, this recipe is for those who've yet to find success. Trust me, you will with this recipe! IT is by Carol in UK Ireland and thank her for it.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 fluid ounces boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1. Blend cornflour and cold water in a saucepan. Add boiling water, and stir until thick and clear. Cool completely.
- 2. Beat egg whites till foamy. Gradually beat in sugar, beating until stiff and glossy. Add salt and vanilla, and slowly beat in cold cornflour mixture. Beat quickly for several minutes.
- 3. Spread meringue on filled, but cooled 9 inch pie.
- 4. Bake at 325-350 deg F. oven about 10 minutes or till golden on top.
- Tip's: * Corn flour or corn starch are thickening agents; No difference - depends on which country you are inches In UK, NZ and possibly other countries associated with Britain the name is corn flour - in the US, Canada it is corn starch - just another name for exactly the same thing -- ( IT IS NOT Corn Meal ).