Prep 25 mins
Cook 13 mins
Wow! These cookies are so great. With only 20 calories!
Make and share this Meringue Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Blend egg whites, sugar, salt and vanilla in top of double boiler.
- Place over boiling water; beat with rotary beater, scraping bottom and side of pan occasionally, until mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls onto 2 lightly greased baking sheets.
- (Drop all mixture onto the 2 baking sheets; bake only 1 baking sheet at a time.) Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown.
- Immediately remove from baking sheet.
This reminds me of a recipe I use to make for my family, except you added 4 cups of Corn Flakes in it, and baked it for 5 min. longer. This is a good recipe when you are trying to watch your fat in-take.
This was a really great recipe and I will do these again. If you have problems with the whites not coming to a peak it's usually because there some oil or fat of some type in the bowl or on the equipment. The lipids will prevent the egg white and air from incorporating properly. Grease free is a must!
If you have problems getting your meringue to peak, you should add a small amount of cream of tartar. It should fix the problem.