Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a shower in the early 70's With a few options.
- 2 egg whites, beaten until stiff
- 1 dash salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or almond extract)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat egg whites stiff. Add salt and sugar (little at a time) while finishing the beating of the eggs.
- Fold in chocolate chips and/or nuts. Or dried cherries or other goodies -- whatever you like.
- Drop by teaspoon fulls on silpat lined pan.
- Put in the oven and turn off the heat. Leave overnight.
- In the morning you will have a treat! By then they will be dry and crunchy.
- If you are in a hurry, set the oven to 325 and bake for 30-35 minutes. These will be more on the chewy side.