Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yield: 20 meringues Serve with Raspberry Fondue Saw this on Food Network, it was great!
Make and share this Meringue Cloud Hearts recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place egg whites in clean bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat on medium speed until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and increase speed to high.
- Continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Mix in salt.
- Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Quickly mix in food coloring, 1 drop at a time, until desired color is achieved.
- Transfer meringue to a pastry bag fitted with the star tip.
- Pipe 2-inch-diameter heart-shape meringues onto prepared baking sheets, spacing evenly apart.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until dry and crispy when broken in half.
- Cool meringues completely on baking sheets.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.