1 hr 15 mins
Yield: 20 meringues Serve with Raspberry Fondue Saw this on Food Network, it was great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- 2Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3Place egg whites in clean bowl of an electric mixer.
- 4Beat on medium speed until foamy.
- 5Add cream of tartar and increase speed to high.
- 6Continue beating until soft peaks form.
- 7Mix in salt.
- 8Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- 9Quickly mix in food coloring, 1 drop at a time, until desired color is achieved.
- 10Transfer meringue to a pastry bag fitted with the star tip.
- 11Pipe 2-inch-diameter heart-shape meringues onto prepared baking sheets, spacing evenly apart.
- 12Bake for 1 hour, or until dry and crispy when broken in half.
- 13Cool meringues completely on baking sheets.
- 14Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meringue Cloud Hearts
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 21.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g