Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Lovely autumn dessert! Serve cold with vanilla sauce.
- 100 g butter
- 100 ml sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 275 ml all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250 g sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 50 ml sugar
- 300 ml sliced apples
- 3 egg whites
- 150 ml sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C Butter a 24 cm pie pan.
- To make crust: Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add the egg yolks, mix to combine.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to the butter mixture.
- Mix to combine.
- Press the dough on the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan.
- To make the filling: Soften the apple slices slightly by cooking them briefly in a pot with a drop of water (or steam them over a simmering pot).
- Combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla, pour the mixture on top of the dough.
- Arrange apple slices on top of the sour cream layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- While the pie is baking, prepare the meringue:.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- The mixture should be very stiff.
- When the pie has baked, increase oven temperature to 225°C Spread the meringue on top of the pie and bake for 5-15 minutes, or until the meringue begins to turn golden.