Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Delishous, decandent, will have everyone coming back for more, this is a family favorite. If pressed for time store bought meringues are fine to use. I also use frozen raspberries when they arent in season.
to make meringue
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
to make raspberry cream
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 200 g raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry jam
- To Make meringues, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Add half the sugar and beat well.
- Repeat with remaining sugar.
- Pipe or spoon small amounts of meringue onto a greased oven tray.
- Bake at 120 degrees celcius for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until meringues are dry but not brown.
- Whip cream with icing sugar.
- Crumble 4 of the meringues into the cream.
- Mash half the raspberries with a fork.
- Fold into the meringue and cream mixture.
- Leave to chill for 20 minutes.
- Arrange 4 meringues on 2 plates.
- Spoon the raspberry cream mixture over the top and add the remaining raspberries for decoration.
- Mix the raspberry jam with 2 tablespoons of hot water.
- Drizzle a small amount over each dessert.
- Serve immediately.