Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was an "I hate hot tuna" person before I ate this! My SIL made this for my bridal shower and it was tasty and pretty with a lattice pattern over the tuna. No soup or mushrooms in this recipe.
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, adjust according to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 12 ounces Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix, approx. 1 1/2 packets
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- Mix all ingredients except crescent roll dough.
- Open 1 can of the crescent rolls on waxed paper and roll dough to cover bottom on a baking dish for the lower crust.
- Add tuna mixture onto the crust evenly.
- Roll out the other can of dough (won't use all) and make 1/2 inch strips to form a lattice pattern on top of the tuna like a pie.
- Set the strips over the top in a diagonal manner.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until crust is golden and puffed.
I made this for a church potluck- the only thing was, it is very salty (must be the Good Seasons that makes it so salty- and I only used one packet!) But I thought it was good, and did get one request for the recipe.