Recipe by Oolala
This is my sister in law's recipe. It's like a clam pie or a giant baked clam served warm with crackers (I like Ritz for this). It could be prepared, up until the baking, a day in advance. Just put it in the refrigerator and bake when ready the next day! If you make it and freeze it for the future, just thaw and reheat. This is a family favorite and a crowd pleaser when I make it for guests - Enjoy! PS-I like it with 2 cans of chopped clams too! You get bigger clam pieces that way.
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams, don't drain juice
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, Italian style
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- paprika, sprinkled on top, for color (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- If serving the same day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium size skillet, saute the butter, onion and garlic over low heat a minute or two, being careful not to let the garlic brown.
- Add the clams with their juice, parsley flakes and oregano to the pan and mix.
- Saute for a few minutes and then add the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- The texture should be like a paste.
- If not, adjust by adding bread crumbs.
- Put mixture in an oven proof pie dish and add paprika sprinkled on top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven, for 25 to 30 minutes, until slightly golden and bubbly.
- Serve warm with crackers.