Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an excellent dessert and simple to make.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sifted cocoa
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup sifted cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can mixed fruit or 1 (28 ounce) can fruit cocktail
- Preheat oven to 400°F Butter sides and bottom of an 8 inch pie plate.
- Beat 3 egg whites, 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar,1/4 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla to form stiff peaks. Add 3/4 cup of sugar beating until stiff and glossy.
- Fold in 2 tablespoons of sifted cocoa.
- Spread on bottom and sides of pie plate forming a shell. Place in the preheated oven and turn off the heat. Leave in oven overnight.
- One hour before serving mix 1/2 pint of heavy cream, 1/4 cup sifted cocoa, 1/2 cup icing sugar and a dash of salt. Beat until stiff.
- Fold in 1 can of drained fruit coctail and refrigerate.
- This is an excellent dessert and simple to make.