Recipe by spatchcock
Whipped this up tonight, didn't know what to expect, and it was really yummy!! Very healthy--high in protein, low in carbs, and pretty low in fat. Baking time is approximate--I didn't look at hte clock while it was baking.
- 5 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or to taste)
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- kosher salt (to taste)
- freshly ground nutmeg (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat pie plate or pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Saute onions and garlic until soft and lightly browned.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, beat all eggs together.
- Add spinach to egg mixture, combining well.
- Add onions/garlic to egg mixture, combining gradually so as not to cook the eggs with the hot mixture.
- Fold in cottage cheese, combining well so that cottage cheese doesn't sink to the bottom of hte mixture.
- Pour mixture into pie plate.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- I think.
- Really, you just need to keep checking it, since I wasn't really watching the clock.
- You want the top of the quiche to spring back when you touch it, and not to jiggle when you shake the pan.
- Cut into 6 pieces.