Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
I often make this (and endless variations) when I am tired or stressed, and want something that tastes "sinful." But this is not really sinful--I promise! This is a great creamy version of nachos, since cream cheese is included. Be warned that amounts are true approximations--I make this very much in a "dump" fashion and of course don't measure anything.
- 10 -12 low-fat tortilla chips or 10 -12 non-fat tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup frozen veggie crumbles (or frozen cooked lean ground beef, if you aren't vegetarian)
- 1⁄2 cup black beans (fat free if you want) or 1⁄2 cup refried black beans (fat free if you want) or 1⁄2 cup refried beans (fat free if you want)
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese (Neufchatel tastes better!) or 2 tablespoons neufchatel cheese (Neufchatel tastes better!)
- 1 roma tomato, juice and seeds removed, diced
- hot sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄2 red onions (optional) or 1⁄2 white onion, diced (optional)
- 1 -2 jalapeno, diced (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 green peppers (optional) or 1⁄2-1 red pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 cup black olives (optional) or 1⁄2-1 cup green olives, sliced (optional)
- romaine lettuce, shredded, to taste (optional)
- sour cream, to taste (optional)
- salsa, to taste (optional)
- cumin, to taste (optional)
- kosher salt, to taste (optional)
- Place chips and veggie crumbles in microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat until crumbles are thawed.
- Add black beans or refried beans and cream cheese.
- Heat until warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Add optional toppings, and heat if desired, depending on kinds of optional toppings you add.
- Season with cumin and kosher salt to taste.
- You may, of course, sub mozzarella or other cheese for the cream cheese.
- I just happen to keep Neufchatel on hand since it's lower in fat but doesn't taste like the fat has been removed.
- You could easily make this in the oven.
- Usually, I don't want to deal with preheating the oven when I'm desperate enough to resort to microwaves, so I usually don't use it.