Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great sweet party snack. Cheerios get slathered in chocolate and butterscotch.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) bag butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (15 ounce) box Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together with butter over low heat, stirring until blended. Pour over Cheerios and mix until evenly coated.
- Pour powdered sugar into large paper grocery bag. Pour in the coated cheerios. Close bag tightly and shake well.
This is really good! I used some Fiber One (original) and peanuts instead of some of the Cheerios. I could sit and eat this all day (and so could my kids!) Thanks for sharing this recipe with us, it's a keeper!
The kids loved this, and I loved finding a good use for a lot of Cheerios! Only problem I had was getting the chips to melt smoothly. Am thinking butterscotch chips are the culprit. Like the other reviewer I added a couple of tablespoons of milk but light olive oil would probably have been a better choice. This makes a LOT but the kids inhaled it in no time. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
What a faxt and easy snack to put together. I used peanut butter chips instead of the butterscotch chips because that was what I had on hand. I had to add about 2 tablespoons milk to the chocolate peanut butter mixture because it was a little too thick to be pourable. After adding the milk, it was easy to pour over the cereal and easy to stir and coat all the cereal. I also added about 2 cups of peanuts to the powdered sugar before tossing in the cereal. This makes a lot which is good because it is very addicting. I'm going to have to take this into work before I eat it all. Thanks for sharing such a treat, JuliJ.