Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Taste nice and this is my Grandmother recipe
- 1 cup diced liver
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced pork
- 3 diced potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup boiled garbanzo beans
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, pounded
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water (in which pork was cooked)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pimenton
- Cook pork in water to cover until tender.
- Saute garlic,onion and tomatoes in shortening.
- Add pork and liver and continue sauteing for 5 minutes.
- Add water and salt,and pimenton (to color).
- Add potatoes and cooked garbanzos.
- Cook until potatoes are done.
I'm not quite sure what liver she used on this recipe. But I think this calls for pork liver. And I think the recipe is missing one ingredient, that is diced carrots. UPDATE: Hey Lennie... I'm not criticizing this recipe...it's a suggestion. When I said it needs an ingredient such as carrot...I'm not suggesting that everyone uses carrots, I did. I KNOW that not everyone likes carrots and I'm quite sure not everyone likes all the ingredient that this menudo calls for and will use substitutes...I'm cool with that. It seems to bother u.
Hey gonebeserk ... not everybody likes carrots, you know! If you want to post a recipe with carrots, please do; we'll look forward to seeing it. In the meantime, don't criticize a recipe because you would use different ingredients. It is the uniqueness of recipes that makes for exciting culinary experiences!
yeah this isn't a menudo... it seems more like a mexican goulash.