A side dish that I adore. Replace fatty, starchy mashed potatoes. Be down with buttered down corn Load up on protein, essential fiber, and cut the fat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) bag dried lentils
- 1 medium size onion, diced
- 2 white mushrooms, sliced thin and diced (I like to use 'stuffing' mushrooms because they are larger)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 tablespoons of minced scallions
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1First off you need to boil the lentils, just follow the directions on the back of the bag.
- 2While they are boiling bring a saute pan to medium heat with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 3Throw all the ingredients (not the lentils though) into the sauce pan and let them saute a bit.
- 4After about 3 minutes add the water to the sauce pan and cover it.
- 5Let the veggies saute for another 5 minutes on LOW heat.
- 6Once the lentils are at your desired softness, strain them, and add the contents of the pan.
- 7Add Salt and Pepper to make it just right for you. Personally I prefer nothing but the ingredients I put in, but each person is different and I recommend letting guests season it to their individual liking.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mental With Lentil. Lentil Side Dish
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.6
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 47.9 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 40.5 g