1/2 Photos of Men's Pocky
Lord Bezoar's Note:
Pocky is a Japanese treat, essentially a biscuit-pretzel stick coated with chocolate. If you know any otakus you've probably seen it. Pocky can be found at almost any Asian grocery store and most supermarkets, and prices differ across the country and with type. Japan has almost unlimited flavors but North Americans can usually only find Chocolate, Strawberry and White Chocolate. Some others they make in Japan are Apple Cream Custard, Almond, Banana, Berry Chocolate, Blueberry, Coconut Milk, Grape, Green Apple, Green Tea, Honey, Mango, Melon and 'Men's Pocky' which is Dark Chocolate and what I'm posting here. Be adventurous and try out some ideas on other toppings. Please post your favorites so we can all try them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-Heat Oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- 2Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- 3Add butter, half of the water and the Egg Yolk. Begin mixing. Drizzle on more water as needed to form a nice smooth dough.
- 4Break the dough into about two dozen small balls.
- 5Knead each ball slightly then roll with both hands to desired length and thinness. *Any cracks in the dough will make it break after cooking so keep working until it is nice and smooth. *Round ends look better than pointed ones and they have the added benefit of not burning while they are baking.
- 6Place on a greased baking sheet and put into your hotbox. Cook for 10 - 15 minutes, checking the bottom to make sure they don't burn.
- 7While the sticks are cooking, melt your chocolate either in a double boiler or using your microwave.
- 8Once the sticks are done, let them cool just enough to handle and dip in the chocolate leaving one end free of chocolate.
- 9If you chose to use the crushed nuts, you will want to roll the pocky in the crushed nuts before the chocolate cools.
- 10Lay these out on parchment paper to cool.
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Men's Pocky
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.9
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 61.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g