Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This ultimate chili recipe uses ingredients usually on hand and is quite easy and really tasty! We triple the cumin and cayenne. Give it a try and don't leave out the chocolate, it's that secret something! One of these days we're going to make it with tri-tip! YUM! This recipe is even better re-heated, so make double or prepare the day before, if possible!
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 16 ounces chopped tomatoes, canned
- 30 ounces canned low-sodium kidney beans
- 21 1⁄2 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ounce dark chocolate
- Brown the meat on medium flame.
- Remove meat to drain.
- Saute onion and garlic in some reserved fat.
- Rinse and drain kidney beans.
- Place all ingredients into a large pot and simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
Great chili recipe and easy to follow. Make sure to add the chocolate and cinnamon.
"My gentleman friend was 'wowed' by the flavor of this simple recipe. The cinnamon and chocolate give an authentic Mexican flavor. Sharon