Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This works. I had hot flashes and someone gave me this remedy and it took about one week to get it going. It helped a lot and without hormones. It is an all natural way to help yourself. I will list the ingredients below, but will give further instruction in the description area.
- 1 gallon drinking water (all Chlorine taken out)
- 1 teaspoon brewer's yeast (purchased at the health food store)
- 8 ounces juice, of your choice
- 1 vitamin E, with selenium (400 mg. each, see below)
- 1 vitamin, c with bioflavonoids Rutin, and Hesperidin (500 mg.each, see below)
- 1 vitamin, b-complex (600 mg. each, see below(see other notes below)
- Do all of the following each day:.
- Get rid of as much Chlorine as you can from drinking water; if you don't have purifier, put a pitcher of water on the counter the night before and let it sit out all night.
- In the morning put it in the refrigerator and drink from this; Chlorine fights Vitamin E.
- Put the Brewer's yeast into the juice and drink, but get a good Brewer's yeast in the health food store, OR, you could substitute 1/4 cup of Wheat Germ in juice.
- Take the Vitamin E (one three times a day; Vitamin C (one three times a day).
- The Vitamin B is to be taken 2 times daily the week prior to when period would have been; if you have been irregular, take every other day throughout the month.
- NOTE: Eat as much soy bean products as you can--in any shape way or manner. (Unless, that is, if you have - or might have - a low thyroid condition. Lots of soy can be bad for the thyroid.).
- Also, eat apples, grapes, grape juice, and raisins as the mineral "boron" is found in these foods and this mineral helps women to keep estrogrn in the blood longer and may retard bone loss in women after menopause.
So far, so good. I've been taking the vitamins for close to a week now and even though I'm still "flashing", they seem to have diminished in intensity and frequency. My "warm flashes" were not enough that I would want to go and ask a doctor about it, but they were getting really annoying. I have high hopes that this will continue to help me get over this crazy time! Update - after taking these for a longer time, my hot flashes are hugely reduced! Thanks so much for posting.